How do I Import and Export 3D files?
Last updated on June 16, 2022
You can import 3D files:
- Locally: by uploading them to your device while connected to your PC (drop them in: This PC\MTP USB Device\Internal shared storage\Gravity Sketch\Import Library). As you will be able to see inside the folder, every .obj file should have its separate folder.
- Via Cloud: by uploading them to LandingPad. Upload (drop) the files to your account on landingpad.me.
Where do I access my files once I imported them?
Once imported, you can access your 3D models in Prefabs or in the File Manager (grs files).
To export a 3D file from Gravity Sketch VR follow the steps below:
- Go to the Menu and select Export.
- Select the file format (OBJ, FBX or IGES) and preferred settings. Note: FBX files can only be exported to Cloud so make sure you are saving on Cloud (toggle Save on Cloud).
- Finally, select the blue check mark on the right to export.
Where do I access my files once I exported them?
This depends on your Saving settings at the bottom of the interface panel.
- If saving locally your exported sketch will be stored on your headset and you can access it in the Gravity Sketch folder on your PC (inside the Exported Sketches folder).
- If you are saving to Cloud, your sketch will be exported to your LandingPad and you can access it by logging in to your account on landingpad.me.
Importing capabilities to other 3D applications
The following table shows the importing capabilities for the OBJ, FBX and IGES file formats in most commonly used 3D applications.