Last updated on April 4, 2022
In Prefabs menu you can access Built-in models and all the models you’ve imported to Gravity Sketch. You can also make Instant Prefabs if you wish to access the models you created in your future Gravity Sketch projects.
Gravity Sketch provides prefabricated models which you can use as a guide or reference.
A. Reference models
Press buttons on the top to toggle a torso, head. These models cannot be edited but they serve as a starting point. Reference models can be aligned to Mirror plane.
B. Car Chassis
There are over 25 preset rigged chassis you can choose from on the Chassis Panel.
You can also convert the chassis to editable SubD mirrored geometry and easily edit the tire profiles or duplicate the chassis in space.
C. Rigged Mannequins
Joint-adjustable male and female mannequins are supplied by default. They are great for setting a scene and creating a storyline. Grab the mannequin out of the panel, scale and edit.
To adjust the mannequin:
- Grab and hold the mannequin
- Press the Edit button on your non-drawing hand controller
- Grab and pull the points to position body parts
Rigged Mannequin Video Tutorial
Bring models into the sketch
Models you import to Gravity Sketch, either locally or via LandingPad, will be accessible from Prefabs.
Step 1: Import files
Step 2: Locate your models in the Import Library
Open a sketch in VR > press the Blue Menu button > go to Prefabs > Import Models
A. Add Folder: Create a new folder
Step 3: Bring the model into your sketch
To bring models to the scene, you can:
1. Select your model and click the blue check mark (Import Models) OR
2. Click on the model to load, pull the model out of the Prefab panel and release onto your scene
Create Prefab simply by dropping your sketch geometry into Import Models window. This bakes the mirrored parts so you can edit them separately.
- Go to Import Library
- Grab the object you want to bake as a Prefab
- Drop it into a blue box on the UI
- Use the popup keyboard to name it
Instant Prefabs Video Tutorial