To use Revolve tool, create in planar mode or when creating with polar symmetry, you need to set the Axis plane with a non-drawing hand trigger in advance.
Set the axis
You can set the axis with your non-drawing hand controller. You'll notice a line going through your controller. Simply press the front trigger and move your controller to position the axis. Release the trigger to release the axis.
While the tool axis is enabled half pull the trigger on the non-drawing hand to :
- Snap the axis to 45-degree increments: half pull the index trigger on the non-drawing hand and move in any direction to snap by 45-degree increments.
- Snap to the World axes: half pull the index trigger on the non-drawing hand and move it close to any world axis to snap.
Snap the axis/plane onto a reference image
You can snap the axis/plane of Revolve, Volume (Planar), or Planar Ink/Stroke onto any reference image that is NOT anchored to the world.
- Unanchor the reference image that you want to snap the Axis plane onto.
- Intersect the image you want to place the Axis plane on with the Grab Sphere.
- Half-pull the non-drawing hand trigger to enter the axis snapping mode. You should see a red axis in the centre of the image.
- Move your non-drawing hand to this location. The Axis plane will snap to the reference image.
- Highlight the object that you want to recover the axis by intersecting it with the Grab Sphere
- Half-pull the non-drawing hand trigger to enter axis snapping mode. You should see the “axis” appear inside the original object
- Move your non-drawing hand towards the middle of the object. Axis will snap to the recovered axis
Check the tutorial video.